Let’s see. Since my last post:
1) Tina and Sarah came to visit for a weekend. We went to the aquarium in DC (small, but entertaining) and hung around the house, basically had fun seeing each other for the first time in a long time!
2) Spent another week at work.
3) Mom, Dad and Philip came to visit for Mother’s Day. We went to the National Zoo on Saturday, had a cookout at Buddy Attick Park on Sunday and played Mario Kart in the time in between. Twas fun.
4) Had a recipe fail! I have been trying so many different recipes that Elvis says he doesn’t think he has eaten the same thing twice when I’m cooking since the wedding. Everything we had tried up to last week we enjoyed, but then came the Shrimp Enchilada Bake. I made my own green enchilada sauce which was part of the problem because I ended up with too much cinnamon in it. But the combination of shrimp, refried beans and corn wasn’t as spectacular as the reviews on the recipe made it out to be. I actually opted to throw the rest of it out and eat out for lunch the next day!
5) Had a win, too! This isn’t exactly what I would call a recipe, but I took a box of Devil’s Food cake mix and instead of adding in the eggs and oil the box calls for, I added in 1.5 cups of Diet Dr. Pepper, then baked it as cupcakes as the box directed. They turned out really fluffy (maybe I should have baked them longer), but delicious! Plus only about 100 calories/cupcake. That just means you can eat more without feeling too guilty, haha!
Now I’m back at work working on planning a workshop that I’m not going to (a boo and a yay at the same time, but you’ll have to wait for another 2 weeks to find out why). No, I’m not pregnant.
Alrighty, back to work I go.